Dr. Robert P. Heck
Ph.D., H.S.P.P. Licensed Psychologist
Dr. Heck is a licensed psychologist in both Indiana and Ohio. He has been in private practice serving the Ft. Wayne and surrounding communities as well as Northwest Ohio since 1996. In addition to the Ft. Wayne location, he has a satellite office in Paulding Ohio.
Dr. Heck provides counseling and psychological services for individuals ranging from the pre-teenage years through geriatric years. Some of the areas in which he provides treatment are:
• Anxiety, including stress management, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and past abuse/trauma issues
• Depression and other mood disorders, such as bipolar disorder
• Marriage and family issues, including child behavioral problems, parenting issues, and blended family issues
• Sexual issues and sexual addiction problems
• Grief/bereavement struggles
• Eating disorders
• Anger problems and other impulse control problems
• Personality disorders.
The above treatment issues may be addressed via individual therapy, marital therapy, family therapy, or group therapy. In addition to traditional in office psychotherapy, Dr. Heck provides consultation for organizations and groups.
On a personal note, Dr. Heck has been married to Lisa since 1988, and they have four children. He is passionate about applying in his own home life the principles he teaches to his clients. Lisa has her master’s degree in counseling, and she also provides services at Cornerstone Vision.